Informative Sites and
DIVEIN is a web service that performs automated maximum likelihood phylogenetic analyses of nucleotide and amino acid sequences.
Starting with a set of aligned sequences, DIVEIN can:
- calculate phylogenetic trees via a variety of evolutionary models.
- reconstruct the consensus, Most Recent Common Ancestor (MRCA) and Center of Tree (COT) sequences.
- re-root trees at COT.
- compute genetic distance distributions, diversity, and divergence from the consensus, MRCA, COT and any sequence in the alignment.
- graphically represent the inferred tree and plots of divergence, diversity, and distance distribution histograms.
- detect, visualize and numerically summarize phylogenetically informative sites as well as private mutations.
Please cite the following paper if you use DIVEIN:
- Deng W, Maust BS, Nickle DC, Learn GH, Liu Y, Heath L, Kosakovsky Pond SL, Mullins JI 2010
DIVEIN: a web server to analyze phylogenies, sequence divergence, diversity, and informative sites. BioTechniques 48:405-408