ViroBLAST in the Mullins Lab at the University of Washington was established to provide sequence comparison
and contamination checking on viral research. ViroBLAST is readily useful for all research areas that
require BLAST functions and is available as a downloadable archive for independent installation (current version: viroblast-2.6+).
ViroBLAST implements the NCBI C++ Toolkit BLAST command line applications referred as the BLAST+ applications.
With the common features of other Blast tools, the ViroBLAST provides features like:
- Blast multiple query sequences at a time via copy-paste sequences or upload sequence fasta file.
- Provide email option to receive the result via email.
- Blast against user's own sequence data set besides the public databases on ViroBLAST.
- Blast against multiple sequence databases simultaneously.
- Summarize results via tabular output and allows further analysis.
- Download sequences in databases that match user's query sequences.
Please cite the following paper if you use ViroBLAST:
- Deng W, Nickle DC, Learn GH, Maust B, and Mullins JI. 2007. ViroBLAST: A stand-alone BLAST web server for
flexible queries of multiple databases and user's datasets.
For any questions, bugs and suggestions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a few sentences describing, briefly, the nature of your questions and include contact information.